FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the cost and what does it include?
There is an initial $249 enrollment fee. After six months onboard, there is a $39 monthly fee.
- Registration for the initial training modules and class
- Use of the Cruises Inc. brand name and logo
- Multiple personalized Cruises Inc. mobile-friendly websites
- Full corporate HQ, back office, technology and customer support
- CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association) and IATAN (International Association of Travel Agents Network) credentials (earned according to Association requirements)
- Web-based CRM, reservation, and financial system – Cruise Control
- A complete intranet virtual headquarters – Business Center
- Access to free and low-cost web-based marketing programs
- Errors & omissions (E&O) liability insurance ($1,000,000/year)
- 24/7 on-demand learning center
- Toll-free and internet-based ongoing professional support
Will I be an employee of Cruises Inc.?
No. You will be an independent contractor, doing business as Cruises Inc. and receive commission on your sales. Each year, you will receive an earnings statement called an IRS Form 1099. No taxes will be deducted from your earnings.
Will I be entitled to deduct expenses from my earnings?
Maybe. Please see your tax adviser to discuss what applicable business expenses may be deducted, such as the cost of equipment purchases, certain educational expenses and claiming a home office deduction.
May I add another person to my business?
Yes. However, this can only be a spouse (co-applicant) who is living in your household and you will operate as one business unit. You and your co-applicant will be treated as one business. Each Independent Agent must complete the Training & Enrollment Form, undergo a background check and attend the full initial training.
Are there any territory restrictions placed on me?
No. You may book vacations for customers all over the country/world. Generally our contracts with cruise lines and resorts allow for us to book US and Canadian residents. However, some cruise lines and resorts also allow bookings to anyone internationally. Note that bookings cannot be made for anyone from the following countries: Cuba, Iran, Syria, Sudan, and North Korea.
What kind of office equipment do I need?
The great thing is, your office can be anywhere – your home, the beach or on a hiking trail – as long as you have an internet connection you can be selling vacations! Our current minimum hardware and software requirements are: High Speed Internet Access, Microsoft Windows Desktop, Laptop or Tablet. Microsoft Office 2010 or higher (which includes Word, Excel and Outlook), Anti-virus program, such as Norton Anti-Virus or McAfee, and Microsoft Internet Explorer IE 11.0. We do not currently support any Apple/Mac hardware or operating systems.
How do I get paid the commissions that I earn?
Cruises Inc. processes incoming commission checks to our agents twice each month, upon receipt of the commission from the cruise line or other vacation vendor, normally at the time final payment is received. Cruises Inc. makes all payments, to you, by direct deposit.
Are there any other opportunities to earn income from each sale?
Absolutely! You can earn commissions by offering travel protection, shore excursions, pre-and-post hotel, consolidated airfare and other optional features. Plus, sales are not restricted to cruise vacations. You can also sell hotels, all-inclusive resorts, land vacations, independent tours, escorted tours and more.
What does Cruises Inc. provide agents in return for its share of the commission split?
The Cruises Inc. program is designed to enable its independent vacation specialists to do exactly that – SELL. We provide customer, technology and agent support, Seller of Travel registration in all states that require it and marketing support.
Once you complete a sale and your customer’s deposit is received, the highly experienced staff in our Headquarters Operations Office performs the following functions and more:
- Invoicing and processing
- Booking verification
- Final payment arrangements
- Document processing
- Customer service issues
- Cruises Inc. maintains all of the required industry memberships and certifications on your behalf, including travel seller registrations in all required states.
The end result is that you represent a recognized and accredited national brand without incurring the expenses and administrative hassles associated with maintaining a business. You truly have the best of both worlds – an independent business backed by a large organization.